This is one of my favourite breakfasts at the moment. Tasty, filling and very easy to make. The chia seeds need to soak for a minimum of 20 min but I would recommend to soak them overnight for extra creaminess.
Chia seeds are rich in fibre which benefit digestive health by promoting regularity. Fibre also act as a prebiotic, fuelling the beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup (120ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 2 tbs cacao
- 1,5 tbs collagen powder (fine to leave out if you don't have any)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Optional: 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
Toppings: Feel free to experiment with anything you like here. I like walnuts, desiccated coconut, cacao nibs, bees pollen and nut butter on mine.
- Put the chia seeds and liquids in a jar with a lid and shake it
- Add the rest of the ingredients and shake it again
- Leave to soak for at least 20 min or ideally overnight
- Add toppings and enjoy!