I love this soup because it's so quick and easy and I tend to always have these ingredients on hand. I was never a big broccoli fan but you don't need to be for this soup. The mix of nutrient rich ingredients makes it not only delicious but also nourishing and gut friendly, especially if you use collagen rich bone broth.
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- chili to taste
- 2 heads of broccoli (I often use 1 bag frozen broccoli instead)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1-2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups bone broth (or vegetable broth)
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Chop the broccoli and set aside
- Chop onion garlic, chili, set aside
- Add 1/4 cup of coconut milk to a large soup pan, heat up over medium heat. When hot, stir in garlic, onion, chili and salt. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the liquids and bring and bring to a simmer.
- Add broccoli and spinach and cook until tender.
- Puree with a hand blender
- Serve with a bit of lemon zest, drizzled olive oil,
- Optional extras: toasted nuts or seeds, bacon